Friday 6 February 2015

$$

I have walked alone seeking answers

I have lived alone chasing dreams

I have tried to prove my worth to worthless judges

I have cried my pain in silent screams

I have been sometimes served a touch of kindness

I have wandered in golden fields of Grace

I have been released by honest laughter

I have touched the Western Wall of the Holy place.

I have soared alone above the cloud heads

I have walked the deep dark tunnels of earth

I have dines with mystics and with prophets

I have heard the pain of woman giving birth

I have been sought after as a teacher

I have been refused the laurel wreath

I have heard the thunder blast of sunrise

I have watched the final touch of death

I have played the rules set by the master

Though often I didn't understand the game

I have worn more masks than I can remember

I have been a face without a name

And when like you I ask the final question

Who on earth am I supposed to be

I always come full circle to the answer,

me, only me...always me.



-- Leonard Nimoy --


No comments:

Post a Comment