Thursday 8 January 2015

The calm existence that is mine when I Am worthy of myself!


The Pavilions at Cricqueboeuf, in Front of the House / Edouard Vuillard, 1911
Edouard Vuillard


I am afraid
because of the foolishness
I have spoken.
I must diet
on silence;
strengthen myself
with quiet.



Where is the wisdom   
with which I may be medicined?
I will walk by myself
and cure myself
in the sunshine and the wind.

Image result for jean hugo


Jean Hugo. PARIS SOUS LA PLUIE. 1957. Gouache et aquarelle sur papier. 12,6 x 7,3 cm.
Jean Hugo

Image result for jean hugo

The path was hidden
under the fallen leaves; and here and there
the stream was choked. Where it forced a way
the ripples flashed a second.
She spoke unkindly but it was the truth:
I shared the sunshine like a leaf, a ripple;

thinking of this, sunned myself
and, for the moment, was content.

Landscapes & Wildlife Portfolio | Lucy Grossmith | Heart To Art




Lucy Grossmith

fox shadow

Watercolor Deer Fawn Artwork Watercolor Animal Print from Original Painting
dearchaterina

.






Nastia Sleptsova

The Dressing Room - Alberto Morrocco
Alberto MorroccoThe Blue Bedroom - Alberto Morrocco

ALBERTO MORROCCO The Garden Path (1951)

I like the sound of the street—
but I, apart and alone,
beside an open window
and behind a closed door.

Matthew H Sharack





Matthew Sharack








***
title - William Wordsworth
all lines from a poem 'Autobiography: New York'
BY CHARLES REZNIKOFF


1 comment:

  1. title - William Wordsworth
    all lines from a poem 'Autobiography: New York'
    BY CHARLES REZNIKOFF

    ReplyDelete